Robert E. Camors Jr.
Bob Camors is a civil litigation attorney with over 32 years of experience in the California and federal courts. He has litigated or arbitrated cases involving contracts, interference with contract, unfair competition, licenses, leases, real property and intellectual property valuation, business fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, accounting disputes, shareholder rights, patents, trademarks, trade dress, trade secrets, copyrights, personal injury, professional malpractice, commercial collections, attachment and defense against attachment, construction, mechanic’s liens, commercial unlawful detainer, employment wage and hour claims, and real estate. He has successfully argued before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and has taught classes in jury selection, attorney ethics, trade secret law and patent litigation.
Mr. Camors obtained the J.D. degree from Santa Clara University (class rank 6/50) and a B.A. from the University of Arizona. He holds a M.S. degree in public administration, is a registered patent attorney, and holds associate degrees in physics, mathematics and engineering. He was previously a partner in Thelen LLP.
Areas of Practice
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Litigation
- Complex Business Litigation
- Breach of Contract Litigation
- Commercial Collections
- Commercial Landlord and Tenant Law, and Unlawful Detainer Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Construction Disputes
- Mechanic’s lien
- Intellectual Property Licensing Disputes and Litigation
- Patent Litigation
- Copyright Litigation
- Trademark and Lanham Act Litigation
- Trade Secret Counseling and Litigation
- Unfair Competition
- Non-compete Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Software and Licensing Audit Disputes
- Business Software Alliance (BSA) Audits
- Attorney Fee Disputes
- Will Contests
- Trust Litigation
- Undue influence claims
- Lack of capacity claims
- White Collar Crime
- California, 1985
- U.S. District Court Northern Dist. of California, 1985
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (Reg. No. 62405)
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
- J.D. - 1985
- Honors: Bancroft Whitney Prize of Community Property
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
- B.A. - 1973
- Major: History
- Troy State University, Troy, Alabama
- M.S. - 1977
- Major: Public Administration
- Mission College
- A.S. - 2008
- Major: Engineering
- West Valley College
- A.S. and A.A. - 2006
- Major: Physics
- Major: Mathematics
- U.S. Army's Command and General Staff College
Past Employment Positions
- Foley & Lardner LLP, Of Counsel
- Thelen LLP, Partner
- Commissioned Officer, U.S. Army Infantry (highest rank held Lt. Colonel) including assignment as Professor of Military Science, Santa Clara University.
- Military decorations and awards include: Combat Infantry Badge; Master Parachutist Badge; Ranger Tab; Presidential Unit Citation (awarded to Military Assistance Command Vietnam Studies and Observations Group for the unit’s combat actions during period of service as reconnaissance team member); Bronze Star Medal with “V” Device; Bronze Star Medal for Meritorious Service (2 awards); Air Medal (5 awards); Purple Heart; Meritorious Service Medal; and Army Commendation Medal.
- Mentioned in Secret Commandos by John Plaster, New York: Simon & Schuster, 2004 and in From Promise to Prominence, The Santa Clara University School of Law by Hon. Mark Thomas (Ret.).
- Overseas service in Germany (3 years), Vietnam (3 years), Korea (1 year), Okinawa (1 year) and Panama (1 month).
- Celerity v. Ultra Clean Holdings, Inc. (N.D.Cal. 2007) 476 F. Supp.2d 1159.
- Ammon v. Superior Court (1988) 205 Cal. App. 3d 783.
Community Involvement and Pro Bono Work
- Formerly counsel to the Board of Directors, Habitat for Humanity of Silicon Valley
- Service at settlement conference in Superior Court of Santa Clara County since 1997
- Member of the Fee Arbitration Executive Committee and Attorney's Fees Arbitrator, Santa Clara County Bar Association since 1997
- Ten Year Service Award, The Pro Bono Project of Santa Clara County
Areas Of Practice
- Business, Commercial and Intellectual Property Litigation